Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to full screen video in browser and missing libs

Jump to solution
michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Anyone,

I noticed that when using the browser to watch video clips from youtube and switching to full screen that logcat shows two missing library warnings from the OMXPlayer. The missing libraries are libfslxec.so and lib_aacplus_dec_v2_arm11_elinux.so. It does not seem to adversely affect playback, but was wondering if this could be leading to degraded video playback and if so how I might go about correcting it. Thank you.

Michael Robbeloth

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Aline,

I have discovered that libfslxec, as found in several online git repos, derives from imx.5 reference hardware and requires the use of libipu.so.

0x00000001 (NEEDED)                 Shared library: [libutils.so]
0x00000001 (NEEDED)                 Shared library: [libc.so]
0x00000001 (NEEDED)                 Shared library: [liblog.so]
0x00000001 (NEEDED)                 Shared library: [libcutils.so]
0x00000001 (NEEDED)                 Shared library: [libipu.so]
0x00000001 (NEEDED)                 Shared library: [libstdc++.so]
0x00000001 (NEEDED)                 Shared library: [libm.so]

libipu is available in the Android imx.6 BSP (at least it's in mine), but the make file has define statements around it to only build if the board has an IPU and it is an imx.5 based device. Therefore, based on this piece of information and the thread at imx6 lib ipu I am left to conclude that you either update the OMXplayer to work with /dev/mxc_ipu or you just live with this error message.

Michael Robbeloth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
alineg
Contributor I

Hi Michael,

did you or anybody solved this problem?

I'm facing the same one...

Aline :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Aline,

I have a partial solution. I found the missing lib_aacplus_dec_v2_arm11_elinux.so from the fsl-codec.mx package by downloading and installing the following?  https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX6_JB422_110_AACP_CODA&appType=license&location=... (The actual filename is fsl_aacp_dec_jb4.2.2_1.1.0-ga.tar.gz if the link doesn't work and you need to search for it on Freescale). The fact that it is intended for use with their JellyBean release doesn't seem to harm its use with ICS and in fact seems to alleviate some of the errors in playing certain video files.

Michael

michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Aline,

I have discovered that libfslxec, as found in several online git repos, derives from imx.5 reference hardware and requires the use of libipu.so.

0x00000001 (NEEDED)                 Shared library: [libutils.so]
0x00000001 (NEEDED)                 Shared library: [libc.so]
0x00000001 (NEEDED)                 Shared library: [liblog.so]
0x00000001 (NEEDED)                 Shared library: [libcutils.so]
0x00000001 (NEEDED)                 Shared library: [libipu.so]
0x00000001 (NEEDED)                 Shared library: [libstdc++.so]
0x00000001 (NEEDED)                 Shared library: [libm.so]

libipu is available in the Android imx.6 BSP (at least it's in mine), but the make file has define statements around it to only build if the board has an IPU and it is an imx.5 based device. Therefore, based on this piece of information and the thread at imx6 lib ipu I am left to conclude that you either update the OMXplayer to work with /dev/mxc_ipu or you just live with this error message.

Michael Robbeloth

0 Kudos
ambika
Contributor II

Hi Aline ,

Hi Michael Robbeloth,

I'm facing the same issue,

Whether I can ignore the error.. if not, please let me know how can I update the OMXplayer to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Ambika

0 Kudos
michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Aline,

I haven't had a chance to address this issue. It's low priority for me right now.

Michael

0 Kudos