Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 lib ipu

Jump to solution
christophe
Contributor V

Hi,

Lib ipu that was available with im53 doesn't seem to be runable on imx6 in L3.0.35, as it is said in 2012:   Re: Is the ipu-lib able to work on iMX6Q?

I wonder if it's really or always the case since you can find ipu lib files in imx-lib package. And functions mxc_ipu_lib_task_init(), mxc_ipu_lib_task_buf_update(),... are present in libipu.so.

Or is it simply not supported by Freescale, but can still work ?

Rgds,

Christophe

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christophe,

IPUlib is not available on i.MX6. You can use /dev/mxc_ipu to make all operations that was previously made using ipulib on i.MX53.

You can check for some examples on unit tests (located at your rootfs/unit_tests) and on this link:

https://github.com/rogeriorps/ipu-examples     (check the examples inside mx6 folder).

Rgds

Rogerio

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
christophe
Contributor V

Secondary question: looking in ipu.h file, IPU commands are now restricted to 4 instead of 42. Is it still possible to manipulate IPU as before on imx53 ?

0 Kudos
rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christophe,

IPUlib is not available on i.MX6. You can use /dev/mxc_ipu to make all operations that was previously made using ipulib on i.MX53.

You can check for some examples on unit tests (located at your rootfs/unit_tests) and on this link:

https://github.com/rogeriorps/ipu-examples     (check the examples inside mx6 folder).

Rgds

Rogerio

0 Kudos
john_ortega
Contributor I

hello. based from the ipu-examples for imx6, it accessed the device node for the framebuffer (/dev/fb0). but in our custom board i can't see the fb device node. only the fb device attributes located at:  /sys/devices/platform/mxc_sdc_fb.0/ folder. does path of fb device node varies on different platforms? btw, our board is using r13.4.1 freescale bsp.

0 Kudos
rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

No, the framebuffer doesn't change the node address (even on pc it's located at the same folder). Maybe you should have some problem when registering the framebuffer device driver on your platform. You can try to check if some error appears on dmesg log.

Best Regards,

Rogerio

0 Kudos
john_ortega
Contributor I

hi rogerio,

I see. since ipu lib is not accessible on imx6 platform, is there a way to rotate a video recorded by ov5640_mipi camera sensor on the android camera hal or Linux driver layer? Appreciate if you can advice.

many thanks,

john

0 Kudos
rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

You can check the unit test mxc_v4l2_overlay.out. If you add -r <rotation mode> the video will rotate according to the mode:

root@freescale /unit_tests$ ./mxc_v4l2_overlay.out -r 4

Rgds

Rogerio

0 Kudos
christophe
Contributor V

Thank you Rogiero. That's clear.

Rgds,

Christophe.

0 Kudos