Source code for elftosb tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source code for elftosb tool

ryanshuttlewort
Contributor IV

Hello I am using MCUXpresso IDE, version v10.1.0 [Build 589] [2017-11-14] with an RT1050 SDK, version  2.3.0 (2017-11-16).  I have found that the elftosb tool found in the Flashloader_RT1050_1.0 package is very unstable on both Windows 8.1 and XP.  It regularly crashes without any indication as to the cause, even with the debug (-d) option.  I have seen mention that source code is available and that it might even be available for Linux and OSX but I have been unsuccessful in tracking down this version of the source which claims to be elftosb 4.0.0.

Are there any specific system requirements? i.e. > Win 8.1?

Is there up to date source available for Windows and/or other platforms?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan

please look at elftosb sources and user guide on

GitHub - RobertCNelson/elftosb 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/KBLELFTOSBUG.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ryanshuttlewort
Contributor IV

Thanks.  This was the repo I had been looking at but it says it's version 2.x and was last updated Jan 9, 2013.  The one packaged with Flashloader_RT1050_1.0 is 4.0.0.  Are you sure this is the same source? 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

nxp released sources for some its tools on

Code Aurora Forum · GitHub 

unfortunately seems there is no elftosb

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos