Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed zImage iMX6Q: Missing Parameters

Jump to solution
satyadamarla
Contributor III

Hello Guys,

I have been successful with getting the signed u-boot working. I want to get the same with zImage running. I have signed the zImage according to the following procedure:

1. Pad the original zImage to 0x1000 (4kBytes) -> zImage-padded

2. Create an IVT table and add it to the zImage -> zImage-padded-ivt

3. Generate the Signature for the above and attach it -> zImage-padded-ivt-csf

4. Pad the above image -> zImage-padded-ivt-csf-padded

This final zImage runs without any problem. But I see no HAB events at all for the zImage. I made changes to my u-boot cmd_bootm.c file at the function bootz_start

#ifdef CONFIG_SECURE_BOOT

extern uint32_t authenticate_image(

uint32_t ddr_start, uint32_t image_size);

if (authenticate_image(images->ep, zi_end - zi_start) == 0) {

printf("Authenticate zImage Fail, Please check\n");

return 1;

}

#endif

I also added caam to the kernel parameters but still I dont see any HAB events for zImage

So, I would like to know if there are any missing parameters at kernel or u-boot level or any u-boot settings that enables the authentication of zImage before loading?

Greets,

Satya

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Have You followed recommendations of "i.MX 6 Linux High Assurance Boot
(HAB) User's Guide" ?

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Have You followed recommendations of "i.MX 6 Linux High Assurance Boot
(HAB) User's Guide" ?

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos