cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security and cryptodev module

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using Linux 4.14.62 Kernel and Yocto version sumo 2.5 . I am referring to the Linux user's guide version Rev. L4.14.62_1.0.0_beta. I was able to try out the openssl command to check the cryptographic algorithm speed without cryptodev . I tried to enable few modules in kernel but could not find which exactly generates the cryptodev.ko file.

Whether the cryptodev is part of kernel ? Or I have to download the cryptodev source code separately. I tried in this way, but cross-compilng was throwing error.

Any help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please use section 8.1.6 (Driver Configuration) of "i.MX_Reference_Manual.pdf"

in the BSP documentation package.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi Yurin,

Thank You for the reply.

I followed the Driver configuration section on the Reference manual document and enabled the macros as mentioned but the cryptodev.ko file is still not built.

When I follow the step

modprobe cryptodev

I am getting  "modprobe: FATAL: Module cryptodev not found in directory /lib/modules/4.14.62"

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos