Sabresd Fault (Power socket short)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabresd Fault (Power socket short)

gmcclean
Contributor I

My Sabresd board seems to have a short across the power connector.

Looking at the schematic the board is populated with "Option 2" PSU circuitry with support for LiPo batteries. In this design the power socket is connected via a fuse to two MAX8903C chips.

I can power the board via the battery connector (both MAX8903C chips) so I know the main circuitry is fine. The fuse is also fine but I have not been able to find the large value decoupling capacitors C507/C508

Problem is I can't see what is causing the short (nothing gets hot and no component looks damaged).

I suspect a faulty surge protector but I can't find anything relevant on the schematic.

Suggestions or thoughts as I would hate to have to shunt a lot of current through board to see what goes bang.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Can you tell us what is your board revision? The schematic that you maybe referring maybe for a different version of the board. how you measure the short accorss the power connector? is the board not powering up?

0 Kudos

gmcclean
Contributor I

The board is sinking over 2amps on a current limited power supply and failing to power up via the 5V socket.

I know from past experence it normally requires just over 1amp when used with the LVDS panel via the 5V socket.

Powering via the battery connectors is fine.

0 Kudos

gmcclean
Contributor I

The board is a mcimx6q-sdp, SCH-27392 Rev B3.

There is also the marking 700-27392 Rex X8

0 Kudos