cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMP3780 SDK

Jump to solution
alabarge
Contributor I

I hope I am posting this in the correct place. I have got some old MP3/MP4 players that use a Freescale, originally Sigmatel, STMP3780 SoC. Sigmatel and Freescale are both out of business, and I am trying to find the SDK and Datasheets for this chip so I can write my own firmware for them. I know they are old and outdated, but I enjoy re purposing the old to give them life again.

I have contacted NXP and they said they delete all documents/files for unsupported products, and they suggested I try here. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Customers can download "i.MX23 EVK Linux Documentation Bundle. Includes Hello World App note,

ReadMe doc, release notes,... ", where instructions how to build i.MX23 Linux image may be found.

But I am not sure if corresponding repositories are still supported.

Perhaps it would be better to try the approach, described in app note "Building for i.MX Mature Boards"

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12024.pdf 

Regards,

Yuri.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Customers can try using i.MX23 documentation and software

i.MX233 Processors|PMU | NXP 

i.MX23 Evaluation Kit | NXP 

Have a great day,

Yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
alabarge
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for your response, and sorry about the delay in mine. I have gone to the information site, and I can download all of the files but the SDK for the IMX23. I am trying to find the download for any SDK that will allow me to develop for these processors. The link I have tried is Archived Software and Documentation for the i.MX23 SDK Version 2009.12 | NXP . This just takes me to a page with information about the processor, but will not allow me to download the SDK.

Is it safe to assume that I cannot get the SDK and documentation without buying the Evaluation Kit, which also does not appear to be available anymore?

Thank you again for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Customers can download "i.MX23 EVK Linux Documentation Bundle. Includes Hello World App note,

ReadMe doc, release notes,... ", where instructions how to build i.MX23 Linux image may be found.

But I am not sure if corresponding repositories are still supported.

Perhaps it would be better to try the approach, described in app note "Building for i.MX Mature Boards"

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12024.pdf 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
alabarge
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

This is precisely the direction I was looking for. I will set up my environment later and see what I can do with it.

Thank you for all of your help.

0 Kudos