Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SGTL5000 internal linear regulator

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

I have some questions about SGTL5000 internal regulator.

Please see my questions below.

[Q1]

Please see LINREG_SIMPLE_POWERUP definition in Table 33 in SGTL5000 datasheet.

I want to know what is "simple (low power) digital supply regulator" and what block (or when) use this regulator.

According to this definition, it seems related to VDDD, but primary VDDD linear regulator is controlled by LINREG_D_POWERUP, so I'm confused.

Could you let me know it?

[Q2]

Please see Table 3 in SGTL5000ER (Rev.2.0).

Which regulator is indicated in this errata sheet?

simple (low power) digital supply regulator controlled by LINREG_SIMPLE_POWERUP?

or primary VDDD linear regulator controlled by LINREG_D_POWERUP?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Satoshi Shimoda,

[A1] LINREG_SIMPLE_POWERUP and LINREG_D_POWERUP are not the same, LINREG_SIMPLE_POWERUP it’s an internal regulator invisible to the user and it’s used during the power up, but once the application is running, user can turn off this internal regulator if VDDD is On (through LINREG_D or externally supplied).

[A2] This errata can apply to both LINREG_SIMPLE_POWERUP and LINREG_D_POWERUP, so I strongly recommend to supply VDDD externally.

Regards,

Jose

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Satoshi Shimoda,

[A1] LINREG_SIMPLE_POWERUP and LINREG_D_POWERUP are not the same, LINREG_SIMPLE_POWERUP it’s an internal regulator invisible to the user and it’s used during the power up, but once the application is running, user can turn off this internal regulator if VDDD is On (through LINREG_D or externally supplied).

[A2] This errata can apply to both LINREG_SIMPLE_POWERUP and LINREG_D_POWERUP, so I strongly recommend to supply VDDD externally.

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos