Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM with onboard NOR Flash only

Jump to solution
alexeytsirlin
Contributor I

Hi,

Is it possible to have Linux system operational with on-board 16MB NOR flash only? All the SCM user manuals describe booting from SD card process, but I cannot find any instructions about using on-board flash only. The SCM fact sheet states that "The 16MB SPI NOR flash is sized to support the storage of uboot, Linux kernel image, and an optimized Linux OS.", so I guess it is possible.

Thanks,

Alexey.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexey

please program images with Mfg Tools using script

mfgtool2-yocto-mx6scm-1gb-qwks-rev2-internal-spi-nor.vbs
Mfg Tool
Updates and Patches (2)
SCM-i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Manufacturing Toolkit for Linux 3.14.52 Patch Release (REV 1)
http://www.nxp.com/products/single-chip-modules/quick-start-board-for-scm-i.mx-6dq:QWKS-SCM-IMX6DQ?f...

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexey

please program images with Mfg Tools using script

mfgtool2-yocto-mx6scm-1gb-qwks-rev2-internal-spi-nor.vbs
Mfg Tool
Updates and Patches (2)
SCM-i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Manufacturing Toolkit for Linux 3.14.52 Patch Release (REV 1)
http://www.nxp.com/products/single-chip-modules/quick-start-board-for-scm-i.mx-6dq:QWKS-SCM-IMX6DQ?f...

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos