cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, i.MX6SoloLite CSI usage

Aemj
Contributor IV

Dear team,

I would like to ask about the usage of i.MX6SoloLite CSI module.

My customer is using CSI of i.MX6SL for capturing images from CMOS camera which is ZEBRA/SE4750(1280x960, 8bit/monochrome, 60fps).

And they are facing the issue that the image from the camera could be corrupted when re-start the image transfer from camera after pausing the transfer.

They are using CSI interface with Gated Clock mode and DMA transfer.

As above, when they issue the start of image transfer command to the camera through I2C after they issue the pause of image transfer command to the camera through I2C, the problem could occur.

They think the cause is VSYNC. Please find the attached file for the corrupted image.

When they issue the pause command, sometimes the transfer of one frame does not complete. At that time, VSYNC stays low.

In this situation, when issuing re-start command the problem seems to appear.

They think that this problem may be fixed by re-initialize camera and CSI right before issuing the re-start command. But they want to know other ways to avoid this problem.

They think adding something to the issuing pause and re-start command procedure in software can avoid this issue.

Could you show me what should be added to the pause or re-start procedure to avoid this problem if you can?

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Aemj
Contributor IV

Dear NXP team,

This question may not be directly related to i.MX. This may be the general one for CMOS camera handling.

But my customer wants to hear your comment.

Please respond.

Thanks,

Miyamoto

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Miyamoto,

In fact the issue show it is in VSYNC,  I recommend that you contact the camera Manufacturer to get the latest driver or the register configuration  for the VSYN for that resolution, instead of making the pause or re-start procedure,  this can be fixed more easy trough the driver of the Camera.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Aemj
Contributor IV

Dear team,

We are still waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Miyamoto

0 Kudos