Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, i.MX25 IOMUX Tool

Jump to solution
Aemj
Contributor IV

Dear team,

I would like to ask about IOMUX tool(Rev.2.0.27) and power source of i.MX25 pins.

My customer is using IOMUX tool for i.MX25 board design.

After assigning IOs, they printed out the result from IOMUX-Tool.

In the result document, it is said that USBH2_PWR signal assigned to D1 pin is included in EIM power group.

They believe it is wrong.

The above is an example.

In addition to the above, they found such prints in the result document of IOMUX tool.

Could you show me which document can be referred for the power groups for signals of i.MX25?

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually, the USBH2_PWR signal is not the power rail, but just the flag indicating whether the USB Host core's VBUS voltage is On or Off. In that meaning, this is the regular I/O signal that has two IOMUX options. The selected IOMUX option is ALT6 for the D1 pad, whose primary (ALT0) function is EIM_D9, and, of course, this pad is in the EIM power domain. The visual distribution of power domains is shown on the schematic symbol of the i.MX25 series processor, that can be seen, for example, on the i.MX25 PDK board schematic, available for download as the part of the IMX25_PDK_DESIGN_FILES package on the i.MX25 PDK Downloads web page (check under the "Printed Circuit Boards and Schematics-Schematics" tab):

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX25PDK&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
antoniocaser
Contributor I

Friends,

where to download the program IOMux Tool v2.0.2x or v3.3.1.

Grateful.

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually, the USBH2_PWR signal is not the power rail, but just the flag indicating whether the USB Host core's VBUS voltage is On or Off. In that meaning, this is the regular I/O signal that has two IOMUX options. The selected IOMUX option is ALT6 for the D1 pad, whose primary (ALT0) function is EIM_D9, and, of course, this pad is in the EIM power domain. The visual distribution of power domains is shown on the schematic symbol of the i.MX25 series processor, that can be seen, for example, on the i.MX25 PDK board schematic, available for download as the part of the IMX25_PDK_DESIGN_FILES package on the i.MX25 PDK Downloads web page (check under the "Printed Circuit Boards and Schematics-Schematics" tab):

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX25PDK&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi AVNET JAPAN FAE

for USBH2_PWR power domain one can look at

i.MX25 PDK schematic p.5 SPF-26020

IMX25_PDK_DESIGN_FILES: i.MX25 PDK Design Files

also one can request pinmux xls file submitting ticket.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos
fmvalero
Contributor II

I can confirm that the IOMUX tool has errors. For example, NAND signals (D0-D7) corresponds to NFC power rail (3.3V in my design). But, when I use the tool, they are assigned to EIM power rail (1.8V). In the i.MX25 datasheet (IMX25CEC) you can find reliable information about power rail assignments.

Regards,

Fernando.

0 Kudos
Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

Do you mean the power domain described in the IOMUX result may have error?

The power domain is fixed by pin# in spite of IOMUX ALT setting, correct?

BR,

Miyamoto

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto

Power domain is fixed by pin#  inspite of IOMUX ALT setting.

I think yes, there may be errors.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos