Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, i.MX25 Clock input

Jump to solution
Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi team,

I would like to ask about the specification of i.MX25 clock input, OSC32K and OSC24M.

(1)

Now my customer is using external Xtals for both of OSC32K and OSC24M clock input of i.MX25, but the customer wants to change those to external oscillator.

Do you have a specification of the input clock for 32K and 24M other than description in Table-10 of datasheet?

(2)

I found that the way to connect clock from external oscillator into OSC32K in Table-4 in datasheet.

As for OSC24M clock, do you have any descriptions of the way to use external oscillator such as OSC32K?

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto

1. other specs than description in Table-10 of datasheet are not available, sorry

2. internal bypass (OSC_BYP) is not available for 24M, as for OSC32K which described in Table-4.

In other aspects connections are the performed in the same way as for OSC32K.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto

1. other specs than description in Table-10 of datasheet are not available, sorry

2. internal bypass (OSC_BYP) is not available for 24M, as for OSC32K which described in Table-4.

In other aspects connections are the performed in the same way as for OSC32K.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply.

Can i understand as below?

In the case of using external clock signal output for i.MX25 OSC_24M, one has to connect the 24MHz output to OSC24M_EXTAL and OSC24M_XTAL can be left unconnected.

BR,

Miyamoto

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto

for OSC_24M one can follow i.MX6UG recommendation:

MX6 UG.jpg

for i.MX25 XTALI=XTAL, XTALO=EXTAL

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos
Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

> for i.MX25 XTALI=XTAL, XTALO=EXTAL

Maybe, you made a mistake.

OSC24M_EXTAL is a input.

Then XTALI=OSC24M_EXTAL and XTALO=OSC24M_XTAL.

Correct?

BR,

Miyamoto

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto

yes

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos