Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prototyping board

Jump to solution
mouha
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm a Linux embedded developer who already own some board like the mini2440, or TS7260.

I'm new here, and admit to be lost about the i.MX53 which seems to be great :

- what board do I need to easily go prototyping when I see the freescale devboard but also a iWave Q7 one : does it means that the Devboard is not enough to get connectors  (GPIO, Ethernet, Sata, etc) and to power it ? in other words : what advice to choose a protyping board ?

- according to the numerous document Linux  (not Android) is easily provided for this board but how far when I want to access to accelermoter ?

DL

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
hippo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

We have two reference designs based on i.mx53. One is i.mx53QSB, the other one is SABRE for tablets. And SABRE is discounted to $999 now.

Please see the comparison table of these two boards.

SABRE for tablets vs. QSB - Comparison.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hippo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

We have two reference designs based on i.mx53. One is i.mx53QSB, the other one is SABRE for tablets. And SABRE is discounted to $999 now.

Please see the comparison table of these two boards.

SABRE for tablets vs. QSB - Comparison.JPG

0 Kudos
mouha
Contributor I

Thank you for the answer, even though I wonder almost between IMX53QSB (quick start board) and iWave Q7

as ignore if the QSB is enough to be used as is: just with the board and no additional connectors or adaptation to use it.

0 Kudos