Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product lifetime

Jump to solution
petergregson
Contributor I

Hello,

We are planning to develop a major new product for the medical device market.  One of the processors that we are considering is the i.MX6 quad processor.  Does Freescale offer a guaranteed period of support for these processors?  We are very reluctant to undertake a major, large-team development unless we can be sure that the processor will be supported and available for a considerable period.

Regards,

Peter

Alentic Mcrosystems Inc.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Peter,

Yes, the i.MX6 is part of our longevity program, you can check for more information here:

Product Longevity|Freescale

How much lifespan are you looking for on your project?

Best regards,
Sergio

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Peter,

Yes, the i.MX6 is part of our longevity program, you can check for more information here:

Product Longevity|Freescale

How much lifespan are you looking for on your project?

Best regards,
Sergio

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
petergregson
Contributor I

Hello Sergio,

Thank you for your prompt answer. The site says that the i.MX6 products will be offered for 15 years. Presumably that is from the product introduction in 2012. If that is the case, that is more than enough. I am looking for 10+ years from today.

Can you conform this please?

Thank you, and best regards.

Peter

Peter H. Gregson, Ph.D., F.E.C., P.Eng,

R&D Engineer

Alentic Microscience Inc.

902-499-3931

0 Kudos