What is aiur? (iMX6 gstreamer)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is aiur? (iMX6 gstreamer)

svenatarchronix
Contributor I

Does anybody know why "aiurdemux" (aiur universal demuxer) is included with the imx6q gstreamer components? What does this component do? Why is it used?

I noticed that the gstreamer on my system is able to play back a 1080p h.264+audio stream at full performance, with or without aiurdemux. In other words, even if I delete /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libmfw_gst_aiur_demux.so from my system, the following pipeline still works ok on my imx6q/embedded Linux system.

gst-launch playbin2 uri=file:///hello.mp4 flags=0x57 video-sink="mfw_v4lsink device=/dev/video17"

or

gst-launch filesrc location=/hello.mp4 ! decodebin name=demux demux. ! mfw_v4lsink demux. ! alsasink device=hw:1,0

Thanks,

Sven

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The Aiur Universal Demuxer is included as part of the gstreamer package and can be used by calling it. If not selected, gstreamer will use the default demuxer, which basically parses and demuxes the audio and video.  The Aiut Demuxer does a similar task of parsing and demuxing aurio and video.

In your scenarios Aiur Demuxer is not used. For example on the first scenario you’re using playbin2, which already handles the video/audio demuxing by selecting the right demuxer and decoder from the available options.

You can find more information on playbin2 on the following link:

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/data/docs/2012.5/gst-plugins-base-plugins-0.10/gst...

Unfortunately there is no much information on the specific characteristics of the Aiur Demuxer.

0 Kudos