cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Using UART6 RX on CSI_PIXCLK

Jump to solution
jautry
Contributor IV

I am using the CSI_PIXCLK line for UART6 RX but am having problems with receiving any data.  The TX line on CSI_MCLK works fine.  I am working with an MCIMX6Y2DVM05AB processor.  Is there any errata that pertains to this?

Initialization Code:

IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_CSI_MCLK = IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_CSI_MCLK_MUX_MODE(8) \
| (0<<IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_CSI_MCLK_SION_SHIFT);

IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_CSI_PIXCLK = IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_CSI_PIXCLK_MUX_MODE(8) \
| (0<<IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_CSI_PIXCLK_SION_SHIFT);
IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_CSI_MCLK = 0x10B0;
IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_CSI_PIXCLK = 0x1090;

IOMUXC_UART6_RX_DATA_SELECT_INPUT = IOMUXC_UART6_RX_DATA_SELECT_INPUT_DAISY(3);

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jautry
Contributor IV

Not using M core, I spoke with IAR as the ports worked in other test apps.  It is a problem with the sample IAR code provided by NXP not being compatible with their latest IAR Workbench release.  The ports actually do work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls check this document, to check if your settings has any pins conflict and check your dts settings

"https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/How-To-use-UART7-8-on-i-MX6UL/ta-p/10995..."

0 Kudos
jautry
Contributor IV

I am just using simple IAR code to test ports (hello world).  Not using DTS or Linux or ENET2, or anything else.  I do not need RTS or CTS, I just want to transmit and receive from this port.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

did you use M core with SDK?

0 Kudos
jautry
Contributor IV

Not using M core, I spoke with IAR as the ports worked in other test apps.  It is a problem with the sample IAR code provided by NXP not being compatible with their latest IAR Workbench release.  The ports actually do work.

0 Kudos