Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini PCIe module and additional ethernet questions

Jump to solution
nenadstojanovic
Contributor I

Hi,

I recently bought i.MX6 Sabre BOARD with quad-core processor (http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RDIMX6SABREBRD&tid=vanSABRESDB).
The purpose of buying the board is learning at first place, because I'm new in embedded world.

Currently I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 with kernel 3.15.8-armv7-x5. My questions are as follows:

1.) Is it possible to implement second ethernet adapter on the board? My intention is to have two different subnets, first for internet access and second for internal purposes.

2.) I need a recommendation for mini PCIe half-size 3G module that I could use on the board? Is there any model which was confirmed as linux supported?

3.) Can I use the same slot for mini PCIe wireless module? Is there any recommendation?

Kind regards,
Nenad

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nenad

1. yes, for example i.MX_6Dual6Quad_Sabre-SD_Linux_Release_Notes.pdf

L3.0.35_4.1.0_LINUX_DOCS

states that was tested    Intel gigabit CT network standard PCIE GEN1 X1 card.

2.  I am not aware of tested 3G modules. In general any standard PCIe module will work

for example below

GTM671W/GTM679W | Option

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nenad

1. yes, for example i.MX_6Dual6Quad_Sabre-SD_Linux_Release_Notes.pdf

L3.0.35_4.1.0_LINUX_DOCS

states that was tested    Intel gigabit CT network standard PCIE GEN1 X1 card.

2.  I am not aware of tested 3G modules. In general any standard PCIe module will work

for example below

GTM671W/GTM679W | Option

Best regards

chip

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
nedeljkoradulov
Contributor I

Hi,

is it possible to connect some other Mini PCIe card instead of 3G card on the Mini PCIe slot on the Sabre SDB? Can I connect Mini PCIe Ethernet card or Mini PCIe Wireless card instead of 3g card?

Best regards,

Nedeljko

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you can

attach different PCIe cards and try.

Best regards

chip

0 Kudos