Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MfgTool2.exe unable to start

Jump to solution
brucesun
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm working with i.MX6 SoloLite EVK board.

I unzipped android_kk4.4.2_1.0.0-ga_tools and copied the files to the directory as specified in the quick start guide. But when I tried to run MfgTool2.exe I got this message. New Bitmap Image.bmp

My OS is Windows 7 professional.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks.

Bruce

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
brucesun
Contributor III

Hi, Carlos,

I moved the tools to another folder and it works now.

The old location of MfgTool2.exe is C:\00-mydoc\30_mc3000\Android\freescale\android_kk4.4.2_1.0.0-ga_tools\android_kk4.4.2_1.0\android_kk4.4.2_1.0.0-ga_tools\Mfgtools-Rel-13.01.00_ER_MX6SL_UPDATER.tar\Mfgtools-Rel-13.01.00_ER_MX6SL_UPDATER\Mfgtools-Rel-13.01.00_ER_MX6SL_UPDATER.

The new location is C:\Edison\Mfgtools-Rel-13.01.00_ER_MX6SL_UPDATER.

Regards,

Bruce

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bruce,

Are you using a 64-bit Windows machine? Have you tried with 32-bit Windows? If you get errors when opening the tool, did you check the information saved on the log file?

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
brucesun
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

I have 64-bit machine but with 32-bit Windows 7 Professional SP1.

I deleted the old log file and tried the tool but no new log file generated.

This tool is from package android_kk4.4.2_1.0.0-ga_tools but after I tried the tool from package Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6SL_UPDATER the download process is good on my computer. But I have another issue now. The SD card can not boot the board.

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards,

Bruce

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bruce,

Have you tried opening the GUI in a PC with all the Windows updates installed and with Admin privileges?

Regarding the SD boot, have you ensured that you copied the files for SD boot, and the XML is properly pointed, besides of configuring the boot switches for the SD boot on the proper SD socket?

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
brucesun
Contributor III

Hi, Carlos,

I moved the tools to another folder and it works now.

The old location of MfgTool2.exe is C:\00-mydoc\30_mc3000\Android\freescale\android_kk4.4.2_1.0.0-ga_tools\android_kk4.4.2_1.0\android_kk4.4.2_1.0.0-ga_tools\Mfgtools-Rel-13.01.00_ER_MX6SL_UPDATER.tar\Mfgtools-Rel-13.01.00_ER_MX6SL_UPDATER\Mfgtools-Rel-13.01.00_ER_MX6SL_UPDATER.

The new location is C:\Edison\Mfgtools-Rel-13.01.00_ER_MX6SL_UPDATER.

Regards,

Bruce

0 Kudos