I have a custom board based on ls1021atwr and I've added a layer in u-boot (u-boot 2016) board file as:
I copied the .c file, Makefile and kconfig and placed in this folder.
I then followed all steps mentioned in the answer to this thread:
but while building with bitbake -C compile virtual/bootloader I get:
| make: *** No rule to make target `board/vendor/board_name/board_name.o', needed by `board/vendor/board_name/built-in.o'. Stop.
| make: *** [board/vendor/board_name] Error 2
| make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?
Solved! Go to Solution.
1. In Yocto environment please create meta-freescale/conf/machine/<customboard>.conf.
2. $ source setup-env -m <customboard>
3. $ bitbake u-boot -c cleansstate
$ bitbake u-boot -c patch
Go to folder build_<customboard>/tmp/work/<customboard>-fsl-linux/u-boot-qoriq/2018.09+fslgit-r0/git/.
4 . Please create folder board/freescale/<customboard> for your target board, please put Makefile, Kconfig and .c file in this folder.
5. Please create header file include/configs/<customerboard>.h based on ls1021atwr.h.
6. Please add configs/<customboard>_nor_defconfig based on ls1021atwr_nor_defconfig.
7. Go to folder build_<customboard>, execute "bitbake u-boot -c compile", if failed go to step 4 to continue to modify u-boot source code.
8. $bitbake u-boot