AnsweredAssumed Answered

BSP porting guide, u-boot-fslc, and boards.cfg

Question asked by noovi on Nov 17, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 23, 2015 by noovi

Hi all,

I've been trying to go through the latest BSP porting guide with imx-3.14.28-1.0.0_ga (Freescale Release BSP from git.freescale.com) and I have been having no luck. I am getting stuck at the stage where I am trying to compile U-boot for a custom board that has been created by using imx6sabresd as a template. First problem I see is that performing "bitbake core-image-minimal" pulls "u-boot-fslc" to the tmp\work\imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi\ directory. Isn't the preferred provider setting supposed to pull in "u-boot-imx" instead? As I try to continue with the BSP porting guide, the "u-boot-fslc" seems to have been updated to not require boards.cfg, and requires the information to be input elsewhere. I can run genboardscfg.py from the tools directory in the u-boot-fslc folder, but the boards.cfg it generates gets cleaned and deleted when attempting to run a make per the build-u-boot.sh script shown in the BSP porting guide.

Has there been an update to u-boot-fslc that does not mesh with the BSP porting guide or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,

noovi

Outcomes