Did you mean: 

MX8MP ISP Custom Resolution

Jump to solution
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Dear Experts,

Regarding the ISP chapter in iMX8M Plus Reference Manual : 
ISP-Supported-Resolution.png

Could someone help to confirm if the supported resolutions and formats in the above tables are inputs or outputs of ISP? And is custom resolution such as 1440x1080 also supported? If not by default, how to enable it, please ? 

Thanks very much in advance,
Khang

0 Kudos
1 Solution
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

HI @Bio_TICFSL ,

Just my last question : By changing /converting the custom resolution, do you mean to change or to convert it into one of the supported resolutions in the tables of initial message (i.e. these supported resolutions are imposed by the ISP) or could I modify some source code of ISP (if available) to handle the this custom resolution? I would have been thinking that resolution is something generic and customizable since both isp-imx and isp-vvcam allow to define it via width & height parameters of struct vvcam_mode_info.

Best regards,
Khang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello khang,

Those resolution are input, and you have to convert your resolution if you don't have like this.

Regards

0 Kudos
df123
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm confused by this answer, since the semi-official Basler daA3840 Image Sensor Evaluation Kit has a camera with resolution 3840x2160, which is not an exact match of the 4K resolution listed in the table (3848x2168). It works out of the box, without having to convert anything.

0 Kudos
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Hi @df123 ,

I would say that 3848x2168 includes certain extra pixels and / or meta-data and is not far from 3840x2160. For my own case, the total number of pixels is 1456x1098, then the effective/active number of pixels is 1456x1088. However, the recommended recording pixels is 1440x1080.

Best regards,
K.

0 Kudos
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Dear @Bio_TICFSL ,

Did you mean that the custom resolution (such as 1440x1080) is NOT supported by default ? Could you clarify more about "convert" from custom resolution to supported resolution(s), please ?

Many thanks,

Khang

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Correct! is not supported by default, you have to change the resolution or convert it.

Regards

0 Kudos
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

HI @Bio_TICFSL ,

Just my last question : By changing /converting the custom resolution, do you mean to change or to convert it into one of the supported resolutions in the tables of initial message (i.e. these supported resolutions are imposed by the ISP) or could I modify some source code of ISP (if available) to handle the this custom resolution? I would have been thinking that resolution is something generic and customizable since both isp-imx and isp-vvcam allow to define it via width & height parameters of struct vvcam_mode_info.

Best regards,
Khang

0 Kudos