Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX7D A7/M4 peripheral access

Jump to solution
demoniacmilk
Contributor IV

Hello!

the MX7D provides 7 UARTs. The datasheet splits these UARTs into "AP Periphals" and "Shared Peripherals".

pastedImage_1.png

It seems like I may access all UARTs from any core (A7/M4). When I need DMA functionality, i have to use one of the UARTs in the "shared block". Is this correct?

How do I find out which UART interface is part of which block?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lars,

in the Reference manual you can find the following table. It shows that UART1, UART2 and UART3 are able tu use DMA.

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lars,

in the Reference manual you can find the following table. It shows that UART1, UART2 and UART3 are able tu use DMA.

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos