cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX53 EIM clock frequency

frankchenmh
Contributor III

Hi,

Is it possible to change MX53 EIM clock frequency? If yes please let me know how to change it.

I checked the MX53 reference manual. The EIM clock is the same as aclk and axi clock. It seems we can not configure the EIM clock frequency becasue this clock is shared as the root clock of many other modules.

Thanks!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

From the MX53 clock tree,  EMI_SLOW_CLK_ROOT can select the clock source by EMI_CLK_SEL: 0 derive clock from dvfs divider 1 derive clock from ahb clock root And there is a 3 bit divider of EMI_SLOW_PODF [2:0] which can divide the EMI clock from main_bus_clk or ahb clock.

0 Kudos

frankchenmh
Contributor III

Hi Joan,

Thanks for your reply! I want to change EIM clock but not EMI clock. I think they are different clocks?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

this clock is for EIM, you can refer to the Table 7-5. Normal Frequency Clocks Configuration of Reference Manual

0 Kudos

frankchenmh
Contributor III

Hi Joan,

Yes I can find emi_slow_clk_root in table 7-5 Normal Frequency Clocks Configuration. But it's not eim_slow_clk_root. I think EIM and EMI are different modules. Or do they share the same clock?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

where can you find "eim_slow_clk_root"? EIM main clock is ACLK which means EMI_SLOW_CLK_ROOT, pls refer to the imx53 clock tree in the Reference Manual again

0 Kudos