cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel support for bluez

sumitsharma
Contributor II

Hi,

I have the L3 source of ltib with kernel version 3.0.35. I have been working on BLE using the bluez. Now I need to get my device into the BLE peripheral and central mode. For this I need bluez-5.x versions that doesn't seem to be compatible with the 3.0.35 kernel versio as there is no management interface support in the kernel.
So for this can we have some patches or we need to upgrade kernel to 3.5+. It will be better if we can get the patches, as most of the development has already been done on this kernel version and there is much difference among the both.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sumit

I do not think that such patches can be provided here, since

developing kernel patches is not minute job. Please try to work together

with local FAE on this problem.

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

yashwanthks
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using bluez 5.30 in android Kitkat 4.4.2, It's working fine and i am getting all the profiles except spp. if i try to browse spp it shows an error like "No SDP records found". Can anyone please help me to solve this problem.

0 Kudos