Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue on PCIE REFCLK

Jump to solution
x10
Contributor V

Hi, NXP

A Si52112-B3 pcie clock generator is used in my iMX7D based board with Linux-4.9.11 kernel. 100MHz PCIE_REFCLKIN_P/N waveform is shown as follows:

20181017-ESM7100-4-Si52112-B4-PCIECLK-R26-1.png

After kernel booting up, I got following message about pcie driver loading:

20181017-ESM7100-pcie-driver-msg.JPG

As my understood, PCIE_PHY is not work properly, but can not figure out what issue with it.

It's appreciated for any help about this issue. Thanks!

BTW, the same kernel can run on iMX7D Sabre Board, and PCIE interface works fine with NVMe module.

BR

Cheng Shi

Emtronix

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
x10
Contributor V

PCIe is working with NMVe module in my customized iMX7D board. The problem is the PCMIC not set properly. Both Si5112-B3 and Si5112-B4 are okay. PCIE_REFCLK going through with 0R instead of 0.1uF is required.

BR

Cheng Shi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
x10
Contributor V

PCIe is working with NMVe module in my customized iMX7D board. The problem is the PCMIC not set properly. Both Si5112-B3 and Si5112-B4 are okay. PCIE_REFCLK going through with 0R instead of 0.1uF is required.

BR

Cheng Shi

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Cheng 

one can look at suggestions provided for similar issue on

PCI Express PLL cannot lock on about 5% of all IMX7D CPUs. 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
x10
Contributor V

Thanks Igor for quick reply. I'll check my design about power supply with reference of your link.

BR

Cheng Shi

0 Kudos