Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPG/PER clocks

Jump to solution
vsiles
Senior Contributor I

Hi !

I've tried to search for the meaning of the 'IPG' acronym that one can find in several reference manual or in Linux source code, but I can't find a source. What does 'IPG' stands for ?

Also, I'm trying to fully understand the differences between the 'ipg' and 'per' clocks that most device have (for in Linux dtb). My understanding is that the 'ipg' clock drives the access to the device iomapped registers, and the 'per' clocks drives the device itself.

Am I right ?

Thank your for your explanation,

V.

Labels (3)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vincent

yes this is right. Seems 'IPG' relates to IPbus global clock (IP Bus Interface (AIPI)).

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vincent

yes this is right. Seems 'IPG' relates to IPbus global clock (IP Bus Interface (AIPI)).

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

vsiles
Senior Contributor I

Thank you !

0 Kudos