Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX8QXP IBIS model.

Jump to solution
yoshihiro_takah
Contributor II

Hello,

I have a question about  DDR3 part of I.MX8QXP IBIS model: imx8qxp_21x21_v204.ibs.

Q1.

I can't find description of  "Package model", and "Define Package Model" which asign the package mode. Is there the information about  "Package model" of IBIS model?

Q2.

I find the information of delay on page 42 of the "Hardware Developer Guide". Hardware Developper Guide" said  "If  delay skew "± 2ps" is supported, the delay for each pin in the PKG is ignored". So the delay for each pin is enough short , are there  nessesary to think about "Package model" information ?

Thanks
Takahashi

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@yoshihiro_takah 
Hello,

generally Your understanding is correct. Only DDR Package Conductor Lengths, provided
in the HDG, should be considered; for the other signals - the delay skew may be considered as
short. 

Regards,
Yuri.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@yoshihiro_takah 
Hello,

There is no the package model in the i.MX8X IBIS file.
Customers can use recommendations of i.MX8 QM/i.MX8 QXP Hardware Developer’s Guide,
in particular, section 7.6.1 (DRAM SI simulation guide).

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX8HWDG

Regards,
Yuri.

0 Kudos
yoshihiro_takah
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.

I understood that there are no package model in the i.MX8X IBIS file.

And I also want to know why there aren't package model in the iMX8X IBIS file.

Am I correct in understanding that  delay skew are enough short and  the delay for each pin in the PKG is ignored,so  there are no package model of the i.MX8X IBIS file?

Best regard,

Yoshihiro.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@yoshihiro_takah 
Hello,

generally Your understanding is correct. Only DDR Package Conductor Lengths, provided
in the HDG, should be considered; for the other signals - the delay skew may be considered as
short. 

Regards,
Yuri.