How to make multiple SLC region on eMMC User Area?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make multiple SLC region on eMMC User Area?

ajithpv
Contributor V

Hi,

I'm using custom i.MX8 platform with Linux 4.14.98 GA BSP (Yocto Sumo).

I have to partition (i.e hardware partition) the UDA (User Data Area) of the eMMC as follows:

1. First 336MB region should be in pSLC.
  2. Next 2GB region as MLC partition.
  3. The remaining region again should be in pSLC mode.

I have already done complete eMMC region as pSLC and it got worked with the below command:

mmc hwpartition user enh <start> <size> wrrel on complete

However, I didn't get how to achieve the above combination of MLC and pSLC with the same command.

I have tried the below commands and none of them are working as expected.

1. Both region with complete flag:

mmc hwpartition user enh "first_region_start" "first_region_size" wrrel on complete

mmc hwpartition user enh "second_region_start" "second_region_size" wrrel on complete

In this case, it failed because the first complete flag will not allow the second pSLC region update.

1. First region with Set flag and second region with complete flag:

mmc hwpartition user enh "first_region_start" "first_region_size" wrrel on set

mmc hwpartition user enh "second_region_start" "second_region_size" wrrel on complete

This doesn't make any effect and not make enhanced too! After the power cycle, it shows the complete eMMC region as MLC itself.

Could anyone help me to figure out how to perform the mentioned partition combination?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajith

I am afraid such emmc partitioning is not supported in official nxp bsps

and may be suggested to apply for extended support:

Commercial Support and Engineering Services | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos