cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install DHCP server/client with fsl-yocto-3.10.17_1.0.0

Jump to solution
harukiryoji
Contributor I

I want to set up DHCP server/client to imx6qsabreauto board with fsl-yocto-3.10.17_1.0.0.

First, I set up Yocto project directory and added the following line to "conf/local.conf".

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "dhcp"

Next, I executed bitbake command.

$ bitbake core-image-base

Then the following error occured.

Can this problem be solved?

| Error: dhcp not found in the base feeds (imx6qsabreauto cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-mx6 cortexa9hf-vfp-neon cortexa9hf-vfp armv7ahf-vfp-neon armv7ahf-vfp armv6hf-vfp armv5ehf-vfp armv5hf-vfp noarch any all).

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs (log file is located at /home/ubuntu/works/fsl-release-bsp/build-base/tmp/work/imx6qsabreauto-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-base/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.23533)

ERROR: Task 7 (/home/ubuntu/works/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-base.bb, do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
harukiryoji
Contributor I

I have solved the problem.

The setting of CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL shoud be as follows.

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "dhcp-server dhcp-client"

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
harukiryoji
Contributor I

I have solved the problem.

The setting of CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL shoud be as follows.

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "dhcp-server dhcp-client"

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ramakanthkesire
Contributor II

Hi,

am using Qt5 recipes with Yocto using fsl-community-bsp and the meta-qt5 layer from .Qt 5.3.0 release on i.MX6 using fsl-community-bsp and meta-qt5 In my conf, it has DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland".

However, when I add the above lines CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "dhcp-server dhcp-client" and bitbake, it gives error.

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/libx11' (but /home/ramakanth/Yocto/sources/poky/meta/recipes-support/consolekit/consolekit_0.4.6.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)

ERROR: nativesdk-libx11 PROVIDES virtual/libx11 but was skipped: missing required distro feature 'x11' (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)

ERROR: libx11 PROVIDES virtual/libx11 but was skipped: missing required distro feature 'x11' (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)

ERROR: libx11-diet PROVIDES virtual/libx11 but was skipped: missing required distro feature 'x11' (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)

NOTE: Runtime target 'consolekit' is unbuildable, removing...

Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['consolekit', 'virtual/libx11']

ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-minimal' has no buildable providers.

Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-minimal', 'consolekit', 'virtual/libx11']

Please let me know how can I add dhcp in this framebuffer backend image.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramakanth

0 Kudos
vigneshwarensan
Contributor III

Check if you have the dhcp recipe in any layers(these are .bb and .inc files inside a dhcp folder, inside one of your meta-* folders), and include the layers directory in the bblayers file.

Look for dhcp recipes here: openembedded-core - OpenEmbedded Core layer

Check with

$ bitbake -s

which prints all the recipes that are available. Search for dhcp.

(As a side note: check if CORE_IMAGE_INSTALL is the variable that should be set. I have used IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " dhcp" previously, but just make sure you are using the right variables)

0 Kudos