Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable debug USB on iMX8QXP MEK?

Jump to solution
gauravsharma7
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I am trying to bring up iMX8QXP MEK Rev C2 board. I have flashed the official Linux BSP images to emmc and I can see console of Cortex M, however I am not able to see console of Cortex A. Is it related to flashing the appropriate SCU firmware for this purpose? Not sure if the UART is being shared between Cortex A and SCU. Can somebody help with this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
gauravsharma7
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Chavira , thanks for the response. The problem was that I was only getting 3 COM ports on my windows laptop. The 4th missing port was the console for Cortex A. Upon reinstalling the drivers I was able to get the port. I can see the console now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gauravsharma7
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Chavira , thanks for the response. The problem was that I was only getting 3 COM ports on my windows laptop. The 4th missing port was the console for Cortex A. Upon reinstalling the drivers I was able to get the port. I can see the console now.

0 Kudos
Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gauravsharma7!
Thank you for contacting NXP Support!

When you connect the USB debug console to a Host Computer you can see 4 Serial Ports, in iMX8QXP MEK 1 is for M core, 1 for A core, and the other for SCU debug, and 1 not connected.

If you can see the M core console the A core console should be running in the other Serial Port, try to select another Serial Port available to see the U-boot and Linux console.

Best Regards!
Chavira

0 Kudos