How to configure u-boot & dts file for new i.MAX6 Quad hardware design ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure u-boot & dts file for new i.MAX6 Quad hardware design ?

Jump to solution
peteramond
Contributor V

Hi All,

I'm working on new hardware design for video processing unit based on i.MAX6 Quad processor. I have used Nitrogen 6 Max hardware design as reference information for this design. I need to get some information on configuring new hardware according to its functionalities. Could you please advice me; what are the changes should I do in dts and u-boot files to configure the new hard ware ?

As an example if I'm using IPU1_CSI0_DATA04 to IPU1_CSI0_DATA11 ; I changed imx6qdl-nitrogen6_max.dtsi file as follows. Because nitrogen6_max development board has used only IPU1_CSI0_DATA12 to IPU1_CSI0_DATA19.

(Highlighted edited code)

pastedImage_1.jpg

I must be thankful to you if you will kindly advice me on this as taking above as an example.

Thank you,
Peter.

Labels (2)
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

the following documents explain how to customize u-boot and dts for a Udoo board, in your case it is the same process with nitrogen, so they will be useful references.

Basic Device Tree for the Udoo Board 

U-Boot Migration Example 

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

the following documents explain how to customize u-boot and dts for a Udoo board, in your case it is the same process with nitrogen, so they will be useful references.

Basic Device Tree for the Udoo Board 

U-Boot Migration Example 

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!