How to Flash images to an SD card correctly?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Flash images to an SD card correctly?

Jump to solution
mdomondon
Contributor I

Hi,

I have an i.MX6Q Sabresd board and I am trying to flash the images  (android 7.1.2)I built into an SD card. 

If I use MFGTool in Windows OS, I can successfully flash the images to the SD card and android boots successfully. But if I try to use fsl_sdcard-partition.sh included in the source in my Ubuntu environment, I get this failure during boot:

boota mmc1
boota: bad boot image magic

I have attached two files. One (Partition_SD_card_via_Script.txt) is the output of fsl_sdcard-partition.sh, and the other (Partition_SD_card_manual.txt) is the output where I tried to input the commands found in the script manually in the terminal.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

do you need to parttiton SD card, right? if yes, pls refer to the chapter 4.3.3 Partitioning the SD/MMC card of linux user's guide, which includes the detailed steps, hope helpful for you

i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

do you need to parttiton SD card, right? if yes, pls refer to the chapter 4.3.3 Partitioning the SD/MMC card of linux user's guide, which includes the detailed steps, hope helpful for you

i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf 

0 Kudos
mdomondon
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

I finally got this to work. If I input the commands in the script fsl_sdcard-partition.sh manually, it works most of the time. I can successfully flash the SD card. I'm guessing this is a problem with my Linux environment...

Thanks for the reply though. 

0 Kudos