Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting permission denied error while build bootloader

Jump to solution
bkpatel
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using iMX287 board with Linux-2.6.35.3 Kernel. I am trying to build Bootloader imx-bootlets-src-2.6.35.3-1.1.0

In Make file it is failing while executing elftosb -z -c ./linux.bd -o i$(ARCH)_linux.sb where ARCH is defined as imx28

Following is snapshot of build. (command is make BOARD=iMX28_EVK)

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bhavesh/LinuxEmb/Bootloader/imx-bootlets-src-2.6.35.3-1.1.0/power_prep'

generating linux kernel boot stream image

by using the rootfs/boot/zImage

sed -i 's,[^ *]zImage.*;,\tzImage="zImage";,' linux.bd

sed -i 's,[^ *]zImage.*;,\tzImage="zImage";,' linux_ivt.bd

elftosb -z -c ./linux.bd -o imx28_linux.sb

make: execvp: elftosb: Permission denied

make: *** [gen_bootstream] Error 127

I tried with chmod 77 -R * and sudo chown -R bhavesh:bhavesh ./ to whole directory 'LinuxEmb' where everything is located. But still getting same issue.

if I run sudo make for Bootloader than it is giving error for Assembly compiling as below:

core/entry.S: Assembler messages:

core/entry.S:26: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.code'

core/entry.S:31: Error: no such instruction: `stmdb sp!,{r4-r12,lr}'

core/entry.S:34: Error: no such instruction: `ldr r4,entry_count'

core/entry.S:35: Error: expecting operand after ','; got nothing

core/entry.S:36: Error: no such instruction: `bne start_kernel'

core/entry.S:42: Error: no such instruction: `bl try_to_resume'

core/entry.S:49: Error: too many memory references for `add'

core/entry.S:50: Error: too many memory references for `str'

core/entry.S:53: Error: no such instruction: `ldmia sp!,{r4-r12,lr}'

Can anybody help me to solve this? Make file for Bootloader is attached for reference

If required I can also go for higher version of Kernel.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Original Attachment has been moved to: Makefile.zip

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
bkpatel
Contributor III

Hi Dan,

Resolved the issue.

Issue was /usr/bin/elftosb was not having permission to run, Whenever new ~bash command runs there were no permission applied to run for user other than admin (su).

So created script which will change permission for all required in su, apply owner permission to other user and than do build. And it is working as expected.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bkpatel
Contributor III

Hi Dan,

Resolved the issue.

Issue was /usr/bin/elftosb was not having permission to run, Whenever new ~bash command runs there were no permission applied to run for user other than admin (su).

So created script which will change permission for all required in su, apply owner permission to other user and than do build. And it is working as expected.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bhavesh,

I am very glad to hear your problem solved:smileyhappy:. Any new questions create new thread in our community.

Have a nice day

Dan

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bhavesh,

Is the board you designed yourself or use the i.mx28 EVK from our company?

Have a nice day.

Dan

0 Kudos
bkpatel
Contributor III

Hi Dan,

We have purchased board from OEM named myirtech.

Its MYD-C287 board with 256MB Nand Flash and 128MB DDR2 SDRAM. (MYD-IMX28X Development Board | Freescale i.MX28 ARM9 Board, i.MX283, i.MX287-Welcome to MYIR

And this problem is regarding Bootloader compilation with elftosb which I think is not dependent on board(I can be wrong here, correct me if).

And why permission error for elftosb. As mentioned, I have provided chmod 777 -R to parent directory which contains all Kernel, Bootloader, Toolchain, Tools, etc. directories. elftosb is residing in Tools directory and have all required permissions.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bhavesh,

I think you are using the LTIB. Here have you tried Remove and reinstall LTIB opt must creat /opt directory?

I see that you bought the board from myirtech. I think you'd better ask their Technical Support team for help. As the board hardware and software designed by them and also have many customers, they may have met this question, and they can give fast reply.

Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------