Do Meissa-I eSOMiMX6-micro(developed by e-con systems) support plymouth?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Meissa-I eSOMiMX6-micro(developed by e-con systems) support plymouth?

gvsreddy
Contributor II

Q1.  Is there any way to change the splash screen(which comes while autobooting) with custom image(.bmp format)?

Q2.  If the above question is possible I want to display the animation image in place .bmp format image. I know plymouth supports animation images in Linux distributions like Ubuntu, Debian etc. and also I have read some where plymouth required graphic drivers. so is it possible to change splash screen using plymouth?

By default Meissa-I board boots from eMMC so where should I modify in order to change splash screen. I searched for bmp format images using find command but I cannot find any. Do I have to mount eMMC mmblk0p1 to change bmp image?

If anyone knows a way please help me in changing the splash screen.

Thank You

SubbaReddy GV

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

dharmalingam
Contributor IV

Hi SubbaReddy GV,

Q1: Yes you can change the logo file econ.bmp in mmcblk0p1(for emmc boot) or mmcblk1p1(for sd boot) for changing logo shown in bootloader.

You can change the logo shown during yocto boot only during build time as we are using psplash package to show the logo. You can change “meta-esomimx6\recipes-core\psplash\files\psplash-econ-img.h” file using make-image-header.sh supplied with psplash.

Q2: Animated logo is not supported by default. You need to customize rootfs to get the animated logo in kernel.

For further clarification, kindly send your queries to sales@e-consystems.com

0 Kudos

gvsreddy
Contributor II

Hi Dharma Lingam,

I have changed kernel boot econ logo and it just flash for a second. I want to display my custom logo like for 5 seconds with loading bar below the logo. How can I achieve that? Is there any image restriction like resolution(1024x768), size or anything else?

Thank You,

SubbaReddy GV

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi SubbaReddy,

Do not know about eSOMiMX6, but if the bootloader image is bmp can be changed. And should work to change the splash screen.

0 Kudos