cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSP and i.MX

fredlocco
Contributor II

Hi !

In the i.MX 7 processor there is a CORTEX-M4, but I don't understand if it is a CORTEX-M4 or M4F ?

Is there any i.MX6/7 with an integrated DSP capable of audio processing (and later video) in low-power consumption?

Thank you in advance !

1 Reply

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fred,

As you can see in chapter 4.2 ARM Cortex M4 Platform (CM4) of IMX7D reference manual (http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/reference-manuals/IMX7DRM.pdf) ARM Cortex-M4 core provides compatibility with Cortex-M3 and adds significant new capabilities with DSP and SIMD extensions. The basic multiply-accumulate instructions support operations up to 32 x 32 + 64. Cortex-M4 also includes a single-precision floating-point unit (FPU), which includes an extension register file of thirty-two 32-bit floating-point data registers. Cortex-M4 complex includes the FPU and two 32-bit system bus interfaces.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------