cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure SAI1 TX and RX independently

vishalthanki
Contributor II

Hi All,

I am working on a custom board based on i.MX7d. The hardware uses SAI (Synchronous Audio Interface) Port 1 of i.MX7d for playback and recording use cases. The required system configuration is: SoC should act as I2S master for TX part, and slave for RX part. However, I could not figure out a clean way to instruct CPU dai driver (sound/soc/fsl/fsl_sai.c) about different roles for TX and RX of a same DAI. The .set_fmt DAI op configures the TX and RX registers in the same manner. In order to achieve the required configuration (TX master, RX slave), I added a device tree property (i.e. "fsl,sai-is-rx-slave") and based on that make necessary changes in .set_fmt DAI operation. Attached is the patch for the same. Is this the right way to go? Any suggestions would be helpful.

I have also asked the same question on the alsa-dev mailing list, but so far have not received any response.

Thanks in advance,
Vishal

Original Attachment has been moved to: 0001-fsl_sai-Adjust-SAI-RX-configuration.patch.zip

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vishal

you are right, SAI TX and RX are independent from each other,

patch sai settings sems as correct, in general it may work.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos