DDR Register Programming aid to u-boot DCD?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR Register Programming aid to u-boot DCD?

skrap
Contributor IV

Hello,

I'm trying to modify the u-boot DCD for the i.MX7D sabresd board.  Specifically, I'm trying to use the DRAM Register Programming aid [1] to create a usable u-boot DCD, so that I can trust the tool enough to boot my own board later.

Is there a guide for transforming the tool's output into a DCD stanza?  I have programmed the spreadsheet with the values for the MT41K256M16HA-125 DDR chips which are present on the MCIMX7SABRE board.  Then I've taken the output of the script (which is in DStream format) and extracted just the DDR Controller Registers section onwards, changing the command format to match what the u-boot DCD file expects (DATA 4 0xhex 0xhex).  I've pasted this into the imximage.cfg file, and regenerated the u-boot.imx file.  I've burned this to a SD card, and tried to boot the board into u-boot.  (To check, a u-boot.imx created from the original, unmodified imximage.cfg file boots u-boot correctly.)

I would expect this to be able to at least boot the board, but I have had no luck.  Any advice would be appreciated!

[1] i.MX7D DRAM Register Programming Aid 

[2] original file: uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree

My modified imximage.cfg and my modified DRAM programming aid spreadsheet are attached.

Original Attachment has been moved to: MX7D_DDR3_register_programming_aid_v1_1.ods

Original Attachment has been moved to: imximage.cfg.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

I am under impression that LPDDR3 configuration  is used instead of DDR3.
Note LPDDR3 is not the same as DDR3 / DDR3L. Please try to use DDR3 - based
Excel table  for Your design.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

skrap
Contributor IV

Hi Yuri,

Thanks, that's a good catch.  I had indeed confused DDR3L and LPDDR3.  I will try again with the correct memory type.

Jonah

0 Kudos