cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot play DivX file in i.MX6/JB4.2.2

Jump to solution
kyu-myounglee
Contributor I

I'm developing a custom board based on i.MX6DL and running JB4.2.2 on the board.

When I attempt to play a video file encoded by DivX on default gallery app, it is not played with the message box saying "Can't play this video.".

In the logcat I found the following message.

01-02 00:03:03.830: I/OMXPlayer(2173): LEVEL: 1 Error: Find DivX4, not supported !

And I found also video clip encoded by DX50(maybe Divx 5) is not supported.

Even though the document, "i.MX 6 Series Android Codec Release Notes" has no information about DivX,

I thought JB4.2.2 system based on i.mx6 can play DIVX 3/4/5 because VPU can support DivX 3/4/5/6 according to i.MX6 Reference Manual.

What should i do for playing DivX file in android ?

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kyu-Myoung

Yes VPU can support DivX, however this codec package is restricted distribution.

Distribution requires that the customer has executed a license agreement specific

to that technology with Rovi. Freescale will verify existence of license agreement

prior to distribution.

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kyu-Myoung

Yes VPU can support DivX, however this codec package is restricted distribution.

Distribution requires that the customer has executed a license agreement specific

to that technology with Rovi. Freescale will verify existence of license agreement

prior to distribution.

Best regards

chip

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos