Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upload ramdisk file of 11 MB with MFGtool

Jump to solution
jpd
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate my custom board with MFGTool.

I have already configured my u-boot + Kernel and able to upload it with MFGTool.

My main problem is that when I try to upload my ramdisk file which as a size of 11 MBytes.

Weird thing is that a similar rootfs with only 8 MB run just fine.

Any idea ?

I Also tryed to send the file in multiple part but didn't worked ... Is this some kind of limitation to MFGTool ??

Here is what my XML look like

<LIST name="MyBoard" desc="Just a test">

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="boot" body="BootStrap" file ="myboard/u-boot-mfg.bin" >Loading U-boot</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="load" file="myboard/uImage" address="0x10800000"

loadSection="OTH" setSection="OTH" HasFlashHeader="FALSE" >Loading Kernel.</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="load" file="myboard/ramdisk.uboot" address="0x11800000"

loadSection="OTH" setSection="OTH" HasFlashHeader="FALSE" >Loading Initramfs.</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="jump" > Jumping to OS image. </CMD>

</LIST>

Thanks for any help

Labels (4)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
jpd
Contributor I

Finally found the cause. Our PMU was looking for an I/O that we were toggling in u-boot to validate that the CPU is started correctly. If that pin was not toggled in 5 seconds the PMU is resetting the CPU. The problem was not the filesize more the time consumed by the upload .. This is why it worked with smaller file .. as it was taking a bit less time then 5 second.

Adjusting this delay solved the issue .

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
justin_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can try to use the default ramdisk file in the MFGtool release.

MFGtool should have no limitaion for it.

jpd
Contributor I

Finally found the cause. Our PMU was looking for an I/O that we were toggling in u-boot to validate that the CPU is started correctly. If that pin was not toggled in 5 seconds the PMU is resetting the CPU. The problem was not the filesize more the time consumed by the upload .. This is why it worked with smaller file .. as it was taking a bit less time then 5 second.

Adjusting this delay solved the issue .

Thanks

0 Kudos
justin_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

OK, thanks for the update.