cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRTouch Linux 4.1 driver

Jump to solution
kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

Hi, I'm looking for a devicetree-compatible Linux driver for the CRTouch touchscreen. Ideally for linux-mx 4.1. Can someone point me to the right repository?

I'm very surprised it is not in the mainline yet. What is the reason? Is this part not recommended for new designs?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Petr,

I just received an answer from Alison confirming that there is no available CRTouch Linux 4.1 driver.

I apologize for the problems this may cause.

I checked with the applications engineers and they let me know that the CRTouch is no recommended for new designs and unfortunately there is no direct replacement for this part.

Jose

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

All the files and documents needed to apply patches to enable CRTouch Driver in Linux BSP can be downloaded by clicking in the “CRTouch Linux Drivers Example” download bottom from the following link: http://www.nxp.com/products/sensors/touch-sensors/nxp-touch-sensing-platform-a-ready-play-solution:C...

I hope this can be useful for your application.

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

Hi Jose,

Thank you for your reply. Anyway, it does not answer any of my questions. I don't want a patch for historical versions of Linux (like 2.6 in this case), I'm looking for an up to date driver (i.e. LInux 4.x) with the devicetree bindings.

I am sure there exists a devicetree compatible driver, as I already have one. In the past, it was available under the following link: http://git.timesys.com/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/linux-mx.git/snapshot/linux-mx-3.13-vf610-twr-ts2.1.tar.bz2 Anyway, the link does not work any more, and I did not find the full repository. The driver itself is not ideal, as there are some hardcoded values (GPIO, shame!), so I expected there might be a newer, better version of the driver. I just cannot find it. Alison Wang, the module author, might be able to help..?/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgit.timesys.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Fcgit.cgi%2Flinux-mx.git%2Fsnapshot%...

Should a newer driver not be available, it would probably have to be a sign that the CRTOUCH part is not supported any more. My question in that case is why? We've been using it for a couple of years and have no complaints. So I would like to check what is the official attitude regarding this component.

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Petr,

I just received an answer from Alison confirming that there is no available CRTouch Linux 4.1 driver.

I apologize for the problems this may cause.

I checked with the applications engineers and they let me know that the CRTouch is no recommended for new designs and unfortunately there is no direct replacement for this part.

Jose

0 Kudos