Boot failure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot failure

alessandrodibia
Contributor I
Hello, we have a random boot failure from eMMC Flash explicitly when the processor are -10 ° C and + 50 ° C. I have read the document IMX6DQCE Rev.07 "Errata chip for i.MX 6Dual / 6Quad and i.MX 6DualPlus/ 6QuadPlus "that some problems on the boot cannot be solved, for example those related to the revision of the silicon (in our case we have the rev. 1.3). Other boot issues are resolved by delaying the POR_B de-assertion until the 32kHz crystal is stable (approximately 300ms to 500ms from the VDD_SNVS_IN ramp timing; this timing depends on the crystal's startup timing characteristics. Is there anyone else having the same boot error during iMX6 power on? How did you solve? Thanks Alessandro
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alessandro

one can try solutions suggested on

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/eMMC-8GB-to-4GB-crash-on-linux-yocto-boot/m-p/373231

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

alessandrodibia
Contributor I
Hi Igor, i tried to remove the crystal oscillator and I solved the issue. I applied what the document IMX6DQCE describes at page 195. Is there a way to measure the crystal's startup timing? Best regards Alessandro
0 Kudos