cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP source code

fabio_poiatti
Contributor III

Hi,

how is possible to have the BSP source code to make some modifications?

I'm talking about the L4.1.15_2.0.1_iMX6UL7D coming with IMX.6 EVK

Thanks

Fabio

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

radhikasomaiya
Senior Contributor II

Hi fabio mario poiatti,

You can build an image for an i.MX Freescale board by using a Yocto. Download the docs for L4.1.15_2.0.1_LINUX_DOCS which are available in NXP website and follow the i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide to build the images for imx6 EVK.

L4.1.15_2.0.1_LINUX_DOCS

You can able to make the source code modification and built the binaries as well.

Hope this will help you.

0 Kudos

fabio_poiatti
Contributor III

thanks,

Yocto is the best development environment for IMX.6?

Fabio

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

That depends on your end application. Yocto is a custom build embedded image, that means that you will build your Yocto image depending on the requirements that you need. For our development boards, Yocto should be the easiest, since Android is more difficult to modify and it does have several dependencies that a simple modification could make the image crash.

You can download our BSP for the i.MX6UL on our website. Also, you can download the required documentation to build the Yocto image. 

i.MX 6UltraLite Applications Processor | Single Arm® Cortex®-A7 @ 696 MHz | NXP 

i.MX 6UltraLite Applications Processor | Single Arm® Cortex®-A7 @ 696 MHz | NXP 

Moreover, if you are interested in know more about how to customize your Yocto image, I highly recommend you to see the below document. There you could find step by step how to build your Yocto image.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-94849 

Hope this information can help you.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

fabio_poiatti
Contributor III

thanks

probably BSP is a resolved problem ... I checked for Yocto and installed the my first image

builded ...

the problem now is for the environment for development of the application

I tried ADT but without success also as Eclipse plugin ... I was not able to install it

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

To develop applications on our Yocto image, you can use QT. However, this is normally out of our scope, there are some training on the QT website, please find the link below:

Self-study Training Materials & e-learning | Qt 

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos