Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti-Aliasing problem on imx6 with opengl es 2.0

Jump to solution
meigetsu
Contributor II

Hello,

We are developing an OpenGL ES 2.0 application on an imx6 platform. The tests where done using an HDMI connected display and seems to render properly.

But when we switched to the definitive platform, the same code rendered very badly. Pixelated lines with almost unreadable texts (textures). On this platform, the display is connected via LVDS using a resolution of 1024*768.

Here is how it looks the definitive platform :

example.jpg

Has you can see, the circle border is all pixelated and the text is almost unreadable (like "EL 69.9").

We tried activating blending and anti-aliasing via EGL and GLES but it does not seem to make any difference.

Could it be a hardware problem (as it works on hdmi but not lvds) or a software/coding problem ? It's my first try on opengl es so I may have made a mistake somewhere.

I'm kinda blocked here so all ideas are welcomed ! :-)

Thank you,

Daniel Nevers

0 Kudos
1 Solution
meigetsu
Contributor II

Hello,

Sorry I did not posted an answer before but we found out where the problem came from !

It was simply a kernel configuration problem which took us a lot of time to discover (and only with some kind of good luck).

We (the software team) were not aware that the final display (chosen by the hardware team) was not RG24 compatible but only RGB666.

So we just had to change the bootargs to set video to RG666 in the kernel and now everything is back to normal !

And I finally see a difference when activating anti-aliasing in EGL, so everything is perfect now.

Finally, it had nothing to do with OpenGL ES/EGL or even freescale ! :-)

Thank you for your help !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I do not think the issue is due to opengl render image, I guess is something in the LVDS configuration, are you able to test the linux frambuffer (fbv)? please check if the all images show fine.

Also please check theMX6_GPU_SDK  that  Includes sample, demo code, and documentation for working with the i.MX6X family graphics cores. Includes OpenVG, OpenGL ES, and GAL2D reference files.  You can download it from:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6DL&nodeId=018rH3ZrDRB24A&fpsp=1&...
0 Kudos
meigetsu
Contributor II

Hello,

Sorry I did not posted an answer before but we found out where the problem came from !

It was simply a kernel configuration problem which took us a lot of time to discover (and only with some kind of good luck).

We (the software team) were not aware that the final display (chosen by the hardware team) was not RG24 compatible but only RGB666.

So we just had to change the bootargs to set video to RG666 in the kernel and now everything is back to normal !

And I finally see a difference when activating anti-aliasing in EGL, so everything is perfect now.

Finally, it had nothing to do with OpenGL ES/EGL or even freescale ! :-)

Thank you for your help !

0 Kudos
meigetsu
Contributor II

No one had this problem before ? :-/

0 Kudos