cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9 Automotive USER build variant going to Recovery

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi All,

I am working on IMX8QM-MEK Android 9 Automotive. I am using  imx-p9.0.0_2.1.1-auto-ga source Actually i have to create user build variant. Currently, we are using user-debug. I added this lunch into vendorsetup.sh. After giving this user lunch command.Built and flashed.device is going to recovery mode.when checked with proper booting image logs and my logs, I found that fastboot is going to recovery.

1. USER

Fastboot: Got Recovery key pressing or recovery commands!

2. USERDEBUG

Fastboot: Normal

Thanks & Regards,

VinothS,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos
9 Replies

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Dear NXP,

Still I am facing same issue.

Will you please provide steps to change/add build varient from USER DEBUG to USER for Android 9 automotive ?

Thanks & Regards,

VinothS,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello VinothS,

My apologies for the delay. I asked our experts and both the "user" and "userdebug" build showed no boot failure. Would you please provide more information on how you are loading the image to your boot media and what boot media it is? And would you also please attach the error log?

Regards,

0 Kudos

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi @gusarambula

Still I am facing the same issue.

This is the build steps - Build for CAR USER variant

source build/envsetup.sh
lunch mek_8q_car-user
make -j6

Board is booting, but, I unable to access the console . After sometime board reboot to recovery

I need your help to resolve this to going forward.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinoth S,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vinoth S,

We couldn't replicate this issue. If you are still encountering this error, I would recommend that you please open a new thread that includes the full error log and how to reproduce this error (please include details as how you load  the image to your board, UUU, partitioning the SD Card manually or with the partitioning script, etc). 

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

0 Kudos

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Thank you @gusarambula 

I am using uuu tool to flash on emmc.

Will you please provide the binary (lunch mek_8q_car-user) for testing ?

Regards,

Vinoth S,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vinoth S,

I understand your situation. However, would you please create a new thread including all information on how to reproduce this issue? This will bring this matter to the front of the communities.

I escalated internally once but we couldn't replicate the issue. So if you could please provide any error log or messages with as much detail as possible please also include them on the new thread. That way it would be in the front of the communities and maybe someone from the team can open a new escalation if there is a way to reproduce this issue.

(You mentioned that the console is not working, but are there any other messages? How many times does it need to boot to fail, etc)

Alternatively there are a couple of Android Automotive 9 releases newer than the one you are using. If it's acceptable, maybe switching to a newer version may help.

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/software-technology-for-android-auto:ANDROID-A...

My apologies for the inconvenience. I see that a couple of other community users have experienced problems but we haven't received enough information as to reproduce the problem.

Regards,

0 Kudos

saispandana_bag
Contributor I

Hi NXP Team,

Even we are facing the same issue, the device goes to recovery mode when new lunch variant "USER" is created.need help on this.

0 Kudos

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi All,

To shorten boot time we want to move to "user build variant"

pastedImage_1.jpg

I found that fastboot is going to recovery for user build variant

Thanks & Regards,

VinothS,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar

amit251291
Contributor IV

I too have the same issue. Not able to build User build. 

0 Kudos