cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 4.2.2 JellyBean Bluetooth HSP

Jump to solution
douglasbolton
Contributor III

Can I confirm that the headset profile (HSP) is NOT implemented in the Bluedroid stack included in Jellybean 4.2.2 ?

Thanks

Doug.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
max_tsai
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi Douglas,

I have no sample code, because FSL reference board unable to support HSP.

For back porting Bluez, you may refer to https://gitorious.org/android-bluez

Regards,

Max

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
yashwanthks
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using bluez 5.30 in android Kitkat 4.4.2, It's working fine and i am getting all the profiles except spp. if i try to browse spp it shows an error like "No SDP records found". Can anyone please help me to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
matt0308
Contributor II

Hi yashwanth,

I'm suffering HSP/HFP issue now. According to the http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Notes/5.0/, the BlueZ 5.0 has already removed the support of HSP/HFP. Could you have a brief description how you make it successful? Thank you.

BlueZ 5 support (A2DP only)

Matt

0 Kudos
mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi all,

After enabling bluetooth, while transferring file from third party mobile to IMX_6SL board, file is getting transferred(TX), but vice versa (RX) is not happening, it is giving the error message :

File not Received

File : sample.jpg

Reason : Storage issue

Please suggest me how to proceed further???

Thanks and Regards,

Mutyala Rao.

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Douglas

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
douglasbolton
Contributor III

Yixing,

I have moved to JB 4.3 and still cannot get the HSP to work. I am trying to play audio using a bluetooth headset (HSP) and cannot get this to work in JB 4.3. Is this at all possible in JB 4.3.

Thanks

Douglas.

0 Kudos
max_tsai
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi Douglas,

From software side, HSP should be OK since Android 4.2.2. FSL reference board without a phone modem and a proper audio codec, that why HSP is not supported and tested by FSL BSP.

Are you trying HSP by a board embedded with a phone mode?

Regards,

Max

0 Kudos
douglasbolton
Contributor III

Hi Max,

I have A2DP protocol working OK to my embedded bluetooth module. I am now trying to get HSP working using SCO over HCI to my bluetooth module. I am starting to believe this is not possible with the Broadcom bluetooth stack ? Do I need to use a PCM audio channel to the bluetooth module or is SCO over HCI supported in the Broadcom stack ?

Thanks

Douglas.

0 Kudos
max_tsai
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi Douglas,

I am not sure if Broadcom stack supports SCO over HCI. It's better to check with Broadcom. But I think a PCM channel is needed.

Regards,

Max

0 Kudos
douglasbolton
Contributor III

Hi Max,

Do you know if the previous BlueZ stack supports SCO over HCI ? There is always the option of back porting to the BlueZ.

Thanks

Douglas.

0 Kudos
max_tsai
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Douglas,

From BlueZ changelog,

ver 3.16:

Update company identifier list.

Add support for headsets with SCO audio over HCI.

Add support for auto-create through ALSA plugin.

Regards,

Max

0 Kudos
douglasbolton
Contributor III

Hi Max,

Back porting BlueZ into JB 4.3 isn't looking that easy. If BlueZ in JB 4.3 proves to hard is there any Freescale sample code to set up a PCM channel on a reference design so SCO packets are sent ?

Thanks

Douglas.

0 Kudos
max_tsai
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi Douglas,

I have no sample code, because FSL reference board unable to support HSP.

For back porting Bluez, you may refer to https://gitorious.org/android-bluez

Regards,

Max

0 Kudos
douglasbolton
Contributor III

Thanks Max. I have been working through the android-bluez manifest for the last couple of days to get a build done. I will keep on this path just now since there doesn't seem to be any support from Freescale for HSP.

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Douglas

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
douglasbolton
Contributor III

Hi Yixing,

The question is pretty much answered. There is no support for HSP/HFP in the the Freescale BSP for Jellybean 4.2 and 4.3.

Doug.

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Douglas

I will branch your discussion into an internal group and assign an engineer to work on it.

Regards,

Yixing

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Douglas

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow to resolved the issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need Freescale help, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
Yixing

0 Kudos