An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for evolution-alarm-noitfy...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for evolution-alarm-noitfy...

RayL
Contributor I

720-IMG_0652.JPG722-IMG_0653.JPGHi!

I have received the iMX53 yesterday. Got the necessary ports connected, and the above error message popped up.

How can I fix it? does this problem commonly occur?

thanks

-Ray

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

JimDonelson
Contributor I

I  realize you would have no way to know the difference since you are new to this, but Ubuntu is a product of Canonical, Freescale just shipped a build for this board. As you can see, the problem has happened on regular PC's as well.

As for officially documented and fixed, it's possible it has been fixed in updates to Lucid, or perhaps this error was caused by some sort of file corruption. I can't say what the cause was. It's never happened to me.

This forum is good for hardware problems in relation to the QSB, device drivers that use the boards hardware (as opposed to say USB devices that Freescale has nothing to do with) and programming questions related to the Freescale hardware.

I didn't say you could not post any question you want, I  said for a question like that you would be more likely to find the answer in a Ubuntu forum. This forum is for any question you may have, I just suggested that for some questions you may be better off  googling the problem, as it could be a general Linux or Ubuntu problem. Sorry if you took it otherwise.

--Jim

0 Kudos

RayL
Contributor I

Yes, I did jim. 

The problem seems is not officially documented or fixed. 

I do not know where to ask other than this site. Can you suggest a place? I'm pretty new to this whole ARM, Linux thing. I searched around, and had no luck for fixing this specific problem. Furthermore, I had no idea where the problem came from, and was pulling my hair off for the whole morning - didn't know if it was the hardware/software's problem (I thought it might be a defect product?) --- apologize if this caused unconvinced!

What does this community do anyways? I thought this group is meant for fixing problems? 

thanks again!

-Ray

0 Kudos

JimDonelson
Contributor I

Ray,

Just for completeness, you:

Rename file ‘saved_state’ to ‘saved_state_old’ in the 'lucid' directory?

Also, the really was a Ubuntu problem, and I don't want others to think that this is the best place to ask this kind of question.

--Jim

0 Kudos

RayL
Contributor I

Hey Jim,

After changing the file names, it works again!

its hidden under home > user > lucid 

Gotta click Control + H to show the hidden file. 

can't believe this "problem" occurred since 2006!

Many thanks!! 

-Ray

0 Kudos

JimDonelson
Contributor I

See if this helps, there is a link to a solution:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8369090

0 Kudos

RayL
Contributor I

724-IMG_0661.JPGHi Claude,

Mine is also L2.6.35_11.01ER 77347A.

For the first few times, i could enter the Ubuntu without problem. All in a sudden, that message popped up, and I have never made any changes to the system or did anything to it. 

Now it pops up every time when i start the iMX. 

After clicking "Ok", nothing shows up. And I do not what can be done about it. 

Here is an additional photo of the error message: 726-IMG_0662.JPG

Thanks in advance tho!

-Ray

0 Kudos

Claude_Sylvain
Contributor I

Hello Ray,

>
> I have received the iMX53 yesterday. Got the necessary ports connected,
> and the above error message popped up.
>
>
> How can I fix it? does this problem commonly occur?
>

- What i.MX53 QSB BSP version are you running.
  Mine is L2.6.35_11.01ER 77347A (marked on the SD Card).

- Several weeks passed since I first start my i.MX53 QSB, and I
  don't remember if such messages was displayed the first time
  I boot the board.
  But now, there is no (more?) such message displayed when I boot the
  i.MX53 QSB using the L2.6.35_11.01ER 77347A BSP.

- Is these messages appear every time you boot your i.MX53 QSB ?

Claude

0 Kudos