A way to install Google Play Store application on FSL reference board running Android -blog archive

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A way to install Google Play Store application on FSL reference board running Android -blog archive

AlanZhang
Contributor V

Since Google upgraded Market to Play Store, any download/installation of application must be done on registered Android devices (i.e. branded Android devices passing CTS), so for devices that are under development phase, if want to install some interesting applications presented on Play Store, we can do in the following way:

1. Install Real APK Leecher application Real_APK_Leecher.zip;

2. With JRE env, execute Real APK Leecher, you input a registered Android cell phone' Device ID (You can get it via typing *#*#8255#*#* in dial pad on a branded Android cell phone), and your gmail account;

3.  Then you can retrieve application, and select to download, then "adb install" to FSL reference boards.

Another way presented on internet based on Chrome 17+ and "APK Downloader" extension DO NOT work because Chrome will upgrade to latest release that claims ONLY accept and install extensions (i.e. plugin) from Google Web/Play Store, so "APK Downloader" extension cannot be plugin in Chrome latest release due to not authenticated.

NOTE: This "Real APK Leecher" may not work in future due to Google upgrade the authentication procedure.

Tags (1)
4 Replies

iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just for logging / future reference her is another URL with "how to install google play"

How to install the Google Play Store manually - AndroidPIT

0 Kudos

hoangduong
Contributor II

Hi Xia Zhang,

Thanks you very much for your post. I got successful with this steps. But i need to know how i can use Google Store Application to install Google Market apps from an unregistered device from network. In other words, i need to know the way to register my device to Google Market. If possible, please give me an advice.

I hope receive your reply from you soon,

Best Regards,

Hoang Duong.

0 Kudos

AlanZhang
Contributor V

Hi, Duong Hoang,

Your device cannot get official registered device ID in Google Play market unless you submit your device to pass CTS test.

Regards,

Alan Zhang

Senior Systems and Applications Engineer

NMG Working Group

Cell phone: +86-13509660972

Office: +86-755-82505056

hoangduong
Contributor II

Dear Mr Alan Zhang,

Thanks you for the quick reply,

I know about CTS test from Google and took tests with some default CTS plans as Android, CTS, Performance. We have results in xml files with many successes and failures, but i do not know Android Device pass or not pass Google Compatibility Test. And i also want to know how i send these test results to Google to get a Google 's Certification. Please give me more infomation if possible.

Sincerely,

Nguyen Hoang Duong

Embedded Software Engineer - Operating System Dept

Bkav SmartHome

0 Kudos