cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8-bit data width DDR3 on iMX6DL

Jump to solution
stevenbarker
Contributor I

I have designed a board that uses a single 8Gb (1GB) DDR3 chip (MT41K1G8S-125) and assumed that if you only used x8 you just use the lower dqs0/d[0:7] and it should be fine. However now that I've had the device made, in testing I have found that isn't the case and the 8 most significant bits are lost into the non-existent upper 8-bits for every write to RAM. I've had a look through the reference manual but is there any register settings that I have missed that would allow this device to work, at least for testing purposes while I work on my next design to fix it (Going to change to the MT41K512M16 variant) for future runs.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steven

unfortunately i.MX6DL does not support 8-bit memory width for MMDC module.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steven

unfortunately i.MX6DL does not support 8-bit memory width for MMDC module.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos