4.9 kernel for imx6slevk

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.9 kernel for imx6slevk

susangracerapak
Contributor II

How to build latest 4.9 kernel for the Imx6slevk board using Freescale yocto project?

Can anyone share the documents?

Regards

Susan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

susangracerapak
Contributor II

Hi gusarambula,

Thanks for the update.

Regards

Susan

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Susangrace Rapaka,

There is a recipe in place for 4.9 on the latest Community BSP for the Morty branch of the Yocto Project. However, it’s not a complete recipe and as I imagined I couldn’t bake it.

I added the following on the conf/local.conf file and tried baking linux-fslc-imx

PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-fslc-imx = "4.9"

But I got the following warnings:

NOTE: preferred version 4.9 of linux-fslc-imx not available (for item linux-fslc-imx)

NOTE: versions of linux-fslc-imx available: 4.1-2.0.x+gitAUTOINC+ee67fc7e07

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

NOTE: preferred version 4.9 of linux-fslc-imx not available (for item kernel-base)

NOTE: preferred version 4.9 of linux-fslc-imx not available (for item kernel-image-zimage)

NOTE: preferred version 4.9 of linux-fslc-imx not available (for item kernel-image)

Currently the supported kernel for both the BSP release and Community BSP is 4.X (verion varies depending on the BSP). I would recommend using these kernels unless you absolutely need a feature from kernel 4.9 that’s not available on previous versions, in which case you would need to adapt the mainline kernel to work for your MACHINE.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

susangracerapak
Contributor II

Hi gusarambula,

Thanks for your information. I have tried the same earlier but it wasn't working.

I have brought up the latest kernel 4.1 successfully but, I need 4.9 now. Do you have any idea which Machine has the build with 4.9 kernel[Imx platfrom]?

Regards

Susan

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Susan,

From what I see there are no machines using Kernel 4.9 on the Community BSP, which makes sense as it's too recent. I think you would need to work on the mainline kernel and adapt it for the i.MX family, which would be a lot of work.

Regards,

0 Kudos