What choices and packages in Linux to obtain a webserver, and a browser (or other solutions) running local with dynamic data coming from M4/MQX?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What choices and packages in Linux to obtain a webserver, and a browser (or other solutions) running local with dynamic data coming from M4/MQX?

SlaveToTime
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

now I have this problem.

With timesys linux,I would obtain a solution with:

1) A nice UI (not 3D), only one or two modular pages for all the system

2) Very Fast response to commands given by a keypad

3) Remotable from Ipad,Iphone,Android,Pc, and so on...

4) Dynamic data will come from M4/MQX

What do you think that could be the best solution?I think about a WebServer running on the Vybrid System,a Browser with HTML5 support,maybe with webgl support. But it could be possible,according to our four rules?There is another solution, something hybrid like use QT with HTML5 and complete with other device dependent  environment/language to complete the common code through different platforms or other solutions that could be the best for us?

There is already some ready-made by Timesys?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Alessandro,

I would recommend reviewing the Out of Box Experience Demo that is packaged with the Vybrid Tower. This application consists of a Qt application that runs on Linux, an MQX application that sends data to the Linux application via the MCC protocol, and a webserver that runs on Linux, which serves webgl pages to a client.

Timesys hosts a Starting Point that contains a bootable image and source for the Linux portion of the demo:

https://linuxlink.timesys.com/build/viewBuildOutput.xhtml?path=output&buildId=37912

The MQX portion of the demo is contained in the MQX Installer:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=FSLMQXOS_4_0_2_GA&appType=license&location=null&Par...

Timesys hosts instructions for building and booting the MQX portion of the demo here:

Vybrid MCC User Guide For MCC Version 1.0 | Timesys Embedded Linux

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions.

Timesys Support

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you help on this case?

0 Kudos